Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Joy Blocks

Hello!  I am still working on several projects at once.  Maybe someday I will learn to finish one before I start the next.


Here is one project I actually finished.  (At 6:10 this morning, before school!)




Here's what I did:


I found these wood blocks with letters at Hobby Lobby.  They were in the clearance isle, of course!





 The first thing I did was paint them red.

Then, using a paint brush I applied glue to the letters.  I added glitter.







This is what it looked like, and I wasn't loving it.  
I could still see the red paint below and it wasn't popping how I wanted it to.






I waited until it dried and added another layer of glue and glitter.  It still wasn't up to par, so a third coat finally did the trick.






Here's the final product.  I love the simplicity of it.


This photo doesn't do it justice.  In real life, it catches the light just right and glimmers! :)



2 comments:

  1. pretty! I'm obsessed with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably would have been easier if you painted the letter white instead of red. But the layers of glittter do give it lots of dimension...enJOY!!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...