Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Joy Blocks

Hello!  I am still working on several projects at once.  Maybe someday I will learn to finish one before I start the next.

Here is one project I actually finished.  (At 6:10 this morning, before school!)

Here's what I did:

I found these wood blocks with letters at Hobby Lobby.  They were in the clearance isle, of course!

 The first thing I did was paint them red.

Then, using a paint brush I applied glue to the letters.  I added glitter.

This is what it looked like, and I wasn't loving it.  
I could still see the red paint below and it wasn't popping how I wanted it to.

I waited until it dried and added another layer of glue and glitter.  It still wasn't up to par, so a third coat finally did the trick.

Here's the final product.  I love the simplicity of it.

This photo doesn't do it justice.  In real life, it catches the light just right and glimmers! :)


  1. pretty! I'm obsessed with glitter!

  2. It probably would have been easier if you painted the letter white instead of red. But the layers of glittter do give it lots of dimension...enJOY!!


I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...