Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fruit Bouquet

A teacher that I work with got engaged last month. To congratulate her, we had a little party on our floor. I make this fuit bouquet. It was my first attempt, but I was happy with how it turned out.






Here is how I made it:





I started with a bunch of fruit. I used pineapple, cantaloupe, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, oranges, and apples. First thing I did was wash everything and start slicing.







To hold the bouquet I used floral foam and a ceramic pot.








I cut the foam and shoved in into the pot. It doesn't have to look nice cause I covered it up with fresh parsley.











Using wooden skewers, I started sticking fruit on.








Then I started sticking the skewers into the pot.








It needed some shorter ones too, so I cut some of the skewers down and continued.









I just kept adding fruit until it was full and looked good.




4 comments:

  1. that looks awesome!! that would be perfect on a hot summer day by the pool!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make one of these!! Definite Father's Day present! Thanks for the easy tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you use to keep the fruit from turning/

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...