Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday #8: Creamed Corn

I've never made creamed corn. Ever. I'll admit it, I never actually knew what was in cream corn. I googled a few recipes, combined them, and created my own. It was really easy and yummy!


Creamed Corn

Ingredients:
2 cans of corn (drained)
3 Tbsp stick butter
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 cups milk
salt and pepper (to taste)
2-3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Melt butter in saucepan, add flour. Pour in milk and blend with a whisk. Stir in sugar, salt and pepper, corn, and Parmesan cheese. Let simmer until it reaches desired thickness (usually about 20 minutes).


2 comments:

  1. Yumm! This looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing! We are big fans of creamed corn!! Love your blog! I am a new follower!

    ---Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of creamed corn, but have you ever had Brookville style corn? Like at Brookvilled hotel in Abeline?! Mmm...theirs is the best, and my grandma makes a version of it with cream cheese!! Yumm-o!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...