Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday # 1: Frito Casserole

Its my first Tasty Tuesday!

Today, I will be sharing a super simple recipe with you.  It involved browning ground beef, opening a bunch of cans, and microwaving.  You really can't get much easier than this!



Frito Casserole

Ingredients:
1 bag Fritos
2 cans chili beans
½ onion
2 cans corn (drained)
shredded cheddar cheese
1 large can tomato sauce
1 pound hamburger

Directions:
Brown hamburger with diced onion.  Layer 1/3 of the Fritos in a microwave safe dish.  Using only half of everything, layer beans, meat, corn, and cheese.  Repeat starting with Fritos.  Top it off with the remaining Fritos and pour the tomato sauce evenly over the whole dish.  Microwave for 10-15 minutes.  Can top with extra cheese if desired. 


(This is a photo of it served up in a bowl.  I usually mix everything up and then eat it.  Plus, it doesn't really stay in the layers when you are serving it anyway.)



Linked to..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...