Monday, January 17, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I found several recipes online for chicken enchilada casseroles.  However, I couldn't find one that I liked so I combined several recipes and came up with my own. 

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can rotel
I can Progresso Light Southwest Vegetable Soup
1/2 cup instant brown rice
1 Tbsp cumin
1 oz fat free cream cheese
4 corn tortillas
1/2 can fat free refried beans
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 can enchilada sauce

Cut chicken into small cubes, add cumin and cook in skillet.  Add soup, rotel, and rice.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.  Stir in cream cheese. 




Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Spread 1-2 Tbsp refried beans on a tortilla and place in a casserole dish, face up. 




 Layer a 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. 





Repeat twice layering tortilla w/ beans, chicken mixture, and then cheese. 
The last tortilla will be placed with bean side down. 
Add desired amount of enchilada sauce to top and bake for 25-30 minutes.




This is an awful picture, but it is really really tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments!

Feel free to ask questions and I will email or post back answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...